Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another.”

- To actually maintain a blog
- Learned/found out about Project Gutenberg (which is amazing)
- Trained my eyes to pay attention to a book for more than 30 minutes (j/k)

But seriously...

I was introduced to some brilliant literature that I may have never picked up on my own. A different sort of narrative was presented to me and I was up for the challenge, survived, and actually enjoyed it.

I learned to swim to the bottom of the story, to swim through the obstacles of confusion and come back to the surface with new knowledge. I never really thought to look at each individual word and the repetition of certain words. I had previously read most of the required readings before coming into this class, but I came out with even more different interpretations from them.

No comments: